Thursday, June 23, 2005

An easier way to strip?

Posted by Peter at Thursday, June 23, 2005
I had looked online for ways to strip paint (I temporarily gave up on the walls) and came across a message board where people talked about The Silent Paint Remover. Basically it uses a quartz bulb to heat up the paint and that the paint should come right off. So instead of buying one of these $465 behemoths, (actually it's pretty small in size). I decided to try an experiment with a quartz heater, for way way cheaper. I bought mine off of Amazon.com, and had it shipped to me. When I got the package I was amazed at the size way bigger than the picture looked. It probably weighed about 10 pounds as well. So I turned it on and put it against some painted wood. After a few seconds I could see the paint start to bubble! Amazingly it worked.... until I realized that it would take me lots of steroids to sit there and hold this heater up while I try to strip with one hand. I could see how the method would work but decided that buying the $465 machine was out of my price range, so I used my chemical stripper instead. Maybe I will ask for it for my birthday or look for it in Ebay.

0 comments on "An easier way to strip?"

 

Restoration on 7th