Saturday, June 25, 2005

Starting the Master bedroom

Posted by Peter at Saturday, June 25, 2005
Well we decided to give the Living room a break for awhile and start on our Master bedroom. We thought that having a finished bedroom would be better for us, so that we can move in sooner. The easy part is that the walls are all flat with no bumps, so that means no compound. The bad part is, that the walls still need to be cleaned sanded the trim needs to be stripped as well as the windows, the carpet needs to be pulled up and finally the hardwood floors need to be refinished! Should be a breeze, well hopefully we can get a breeze, since our A/C is awol right now, but that is a different story...

1 comments on "Starting the Master bedroom"

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Congrats on getting your home reno underway! I read below about your plastering experience. Let me tell you, I *know* what you mean! I'm not sure if you are trying for smooth plaster walls or for more of textured look (we are doing the latter) but whatever the case, plaster can be so hard to work with! We've *finally* finished our living room (vaulted ceiling...eek!) and now have the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom to do. I think I'll leave the bedrooms as they are!!!!

I'll be checking in on your progress!

Kim

 

Restoration on 7th