Monday, September 26, 2005

Painter Debacle!

Posted by Peter at Monday, September 26, 2005
Well by now I should have a gleaming newly painted house with a horrendous interior, but instead I have a horrendous interior and horrendous exterior to the nth degree. The story goes... my painter Enoch was suppose to strip and paint my house for an incredible deal of $5,000.00 and he said he would do it in a months time, the deal also included us paying him $1,000.00 for the first 2 weeks and then he would receive the remaining amount after the work was completed. The first two weeks were good he came on time and worked and made some progress on the stripping. Then came week 3, where he started not showing up and the work looked to remain the same. Remind you this was like 1 month ago since he last worked. We finally had a talk with him, since it was so hard getting in touch with him, and decided that my dog would do a better job at stripping and painting then he would.

Well now my house is half stripped and needs much attention. I only hope that I can continue with what is left and finish the job soon. Too bad I live in FLORIDA!!! Freakin A!!!! Well I guess I will have to wait til winter, where it gets to about 80 degrees. Haha. Other than that my wife has started on her garden, which I can't say is much, but at least she's trying and I am still working on our master bedroom. Seems to me like I have been stuck on 40% for 3 yrs, I need to start steppin'. Oh well at least I am having fun and finally have my first home... ever.

2 comments on "Painter Debacle!"

Ms. P in Jackson on 7:28 PM said...

That is a real bummer! Sorry to hear he bailed on you and took your money with him. I had the same experience when I was getting my house in Texas ready to sell. The only difference was they were supposed to be painting the interior. It pays to get references and to follow up on these references before giving them a dime. There are such crooks out there!

Peter on 10:18 PM said...

Yeah, well he only got $2000.00 at least. The one good thing was that he did do some of the siding and did most of the front. But after I saw how he did it, I think that I can do a better job.

 

Restoration on 7th