Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Shellac Shack

Posted by Peter at Tuesday, November 06, 2007
I am ready to start finishing my floors in the living room, I hope that this weekend I can rent a U-Sand machine from Home Depot and start sanding the floors. I decided on the U-Sand, because I don't want to loose the character of my floor. I used a drum sander in the master bedroom last year and it basically took everything off the floor, it also created a big mess and I had wooden snot for about a week.

After I have sanded I am going to use shellac on my floors, I know that shellac is real hardy, especially with dogs, but I like the idea of being able to fix any scratches. I bought some shellac from Shellac Shack and I can't rave more about their service (and price). Malcolm will answer all of your questions and the shipping time was awesome. I ordered on Thursday and I got it on Saturday. I still haven't mixed it yet, but the color of the flakes is awesome. I got the garnet and hope that 3 or 4 coats will give me the dark color I want. I will have to upload some pics before and after I am done with it.

0 comments on "Shellac Shack"

 

Restoration on 7th