Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why you dirty rat!

Posted by Peter at Thursday, January 28, 2010
Ever read about some housebloggers blogging that they find cool interesting things behind a wall they were tearing out? Like finding some old newspapers from the 20's, or maybe a letter from the original homeowners writing to their future residents, or maybe even some money! Well I was tearing out a wall for my wife's new craft room and this is what I found.





Yup that's right folks, I found a mummified rat! It was actually quite awesome to find, because it felt like little Egypt inside my house. What looks like happened was that this poor rat had made a nest inside the wall by our back chimney. Unfortunately for the rat a ton of plaster had fallen on top of him. Needless to say he didn't make it.

0 comments on "Why you dirty rat!"

 

Restoration on 7th