Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Long time no blog

Posted by Peter at Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Well it's been awhile since I last posted anything. And since then, not much has happened to the house. I live in Florida, so it has been raining and gloomy, now it's cold - so that just makes you want to be more lazy. But I do have some news. First I went to Dogtoberfest about 2 weekends ago, which is a Halloween party for dogs. There they had a costume contest, needless to say we represented our Sprinfield neighborhood well, we won 1st place!!!! Woohoo.

Now onto the house, I recently bought some Peel Away from Ebay and received it yesterday sitting in front of my house. I haven't tried it yet, but am planning to try it on my pillars later today. I will have to post pics of the before and after later. Also, I bought a grinder (and a heavy duty mask) to finish off the sanding of my exterior. After the painter, Enoch, debacle I decided I could do a better job. Even though I am afraid of heights I am willing to try it out. Hopefully I don't ruin all of my brain cells doing this! But I plan to do a little at a time and sand the parts that are already stripped. Then I can prime the exposed areas and slowly work my way up. Well I will post some more pictures as I progress, hopefully I can finish something by this weekend.

1 comments on "Long time no blog"

Anonymous said...

Peel Away is great but I will tell you some tips to help it go smoother.

It comes with a very small spreader, buy a cheap plastic tile mastic spreader, the kind that is has the handle on the back and looks like a float. That is a great tool to help spread it around in large areas.

Cut the sheets up in smaller sheets to place on the item. That helps you contain the paint and peelaway while pulling it since it really doesn't "peelaway" The smaller pieces will also help it dry and cure more evenly, When I put on the large sheets they tend to be to wet in the middle when I take them off.

BE careful of the peelaway, it is caustic, no burn your finger off caustic but definate singe the skin ow that hurts for a couple of days caustic...

Good Luck... i think the stuff does wonders

Good Luck I love Peel Away

 

Restoration on 7th