Thursday, March 16, 2006

Painting at a halt

Posted by Peter at Thursday, March 16, 2006
Well since last weekend when I first put on the primer I haven't been able to prime anything else. Of course the weather has to do something with that. Why is it that every time you plan on doing something that Mother Nature has to rear her ugly head? Oh well, I think I might have a few nice days this week, so I will let the siding dry some before I put on the primer. In the mean time I did perfect scraping out the corners and getting all the old caulk out of the siding from my second floor. It's amazing how an old house will turn your fear of heights into nothing. I risk my life on the porch roof just to scrape out some caulk. I can't wait til I have to paint up there. One dilemna I am going to face is how I am going to paint the right side of my house. I have a chain link fence that is about 3-4 feet from the house. I'm not sure if a rented scaffolding will fit inbetween that space. I hope it does, because I wouldn't want to try scraping and painting off of a ladder.

0 comments on "Painting at a halt"

 

Restoration on 7th