Friday, June 05, 2009

I hate rain!

Posted by Peter at Friday, June 05, 2009
Well it has started to rain again and looks like it will be raining til at least next Tuesday. On top of that 2 leaks started again. One by the closed off back chimney and the other from the bathroom vent about 5 feet from it. Both leaks floow the chimney and vent pipe all the way to the first flow. Luckily no drywall is on the ceilings in those rooms right now, so there is no ceiling damage but I need to remedy this situation as soon as possible. my roofs are probably about 20 years old, but I have no budget to do a reroof so I will have to call someone to come out and fix the leaks.

2 comments on "I hate rain!"

Shane on 11:03 PM said...

Not sure how your roof is set up, but if it isn't too steep, you can easily fix the leaks for a few years. Go up into the attic and find the source of the leak. Have someone drill a screw from the attic up into the roof so you can find the spot and then have them take it out. Apply the roofing tar type stuff to the spot and you should be set. Not a permanent solution, but it should get you through until you can afford a new roof.

Peter on 11:05 PM said...

that's a good idea. I may try that. thanks a lot.

 

Restoration on 7th