Saturday, June 06, 2009

Outside Faucet also = CRAPPY!!!

Posted by Peter at Saturday, June 06, 2009
Well today I went outside in the morning planning on fixing a leaky outside faucet we have had for a couple years now. So I tried to tighten the top nut, which didn't work. So I tried to screw the top screw down further, that didn't work. So now my option was to take the whole faucet off and replace it with a new one. So I made the trip to Lowes but a replacement faucet and came back home. Sounds like a simple take off and replace situation. Everything was going well I put some tape around the thread and started screwing the faucet back on. About halfway through it got real tight, just like you would expect. So I got my handy dandy wrench and started tightening it some more. I got to the point where it was getting a bit too tight, when the one sound you didn't want to hear was heard.... snap! Why did I have to try to tighten this mother any further. Now I had to go back buy a replacement adapter that I snapped and also buy the pvc glue and cleaner because now I have to do plumbing work. So I have now put the faucet back together with the brand new faucet and pipe adapter, but now I am afraid to turn it on, thinking that I will have geiser if I do. Does anyone know the appropriate wait time for the pvc glue to dry? Anyways I hope it worked. Oh yea it is also raining as you can see in the last picture.























0 comments on "Outside Faucet also = CRAPPY!!!"

 

Restoration on 7th