Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Exterior colors.... decisions, decisions

Posted by Peter at Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Well I started priming the front of the house a few weeks ago and have done most of it. I still have some areas that I have to smooth out, but I just don't want to deal with it yet. Lita has really wanted me to finish the front, so that at least when people walk by they won't say, "Damn, look at that crack house!" Now they will say, "Damn that's a nice looking crack house." Anyways we decided on colors for our house and have gone with a cream base with a grey green trim and accentting the windows with a dark red. So far we have this:



I think the cream is a little to brown, maybe a little lighter. What do you think?

As you can see I haven't finished stripping the beadboard ceiling. That will wait for a long time as that is the hardest area to strip. Very hard trying the use a grinder facing up. I may just end up replacing it all.

2 comments on "Exterior colors.... decisions, decisions"

Ms. P in Jackson on 2:02 PM said...

I think the colors are great. If you look at my latest post, I found a house in Jackson that used very similar colors and they are great. I posted pics for you to look at. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Wait, did you say grey trim? It looks green to me? I think it looks good...i like the darker cream with the red.

 

Restoration on 7th