Friday, May 29, 2009

Exterior before and after

Posted by Peter at Friday, May 29, 2009
I don't think I ever posted any pictures of my before and after for the exterior of the house. I actually finished this last year mostly by myself. I did need help with the very top rafter tails, but everything else I hand sanded, primed and painted.

Before: A couple months after we bought our house. It was painted half cream/pink and the other half just bare ass wood. It doesn't look too bad here, but the sides were mostly bare wood. Scraping and sanding this off took me near 2 years to complete.










During: Here is the fron mostly sanded to complete bare wood. As you can see the original color of the house was green, so we decided to keep it green, but a lighter green.



After: Here is the house tonight. I just went outside and quickly took a picture while it was getting dark. The house is back to it's green and it took me the whole summer last year to completely painting it. As I said before I did have to pay some one to go up top and paint the rafter tails. The colors I used were Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage for the house, Antique White for the trim and Bryant Gold for the trim. It's a little hard to see the gold but it's there.

2 comments on "Exterior before and after"

Why S? on 11:22 PM said...

Very beautiful but man, what a lot of work!

Peter on 12:27 AM said...

tell me about it, it took me about 4 years to complete that paint job, but it was well worth it. It helps when you have a wife telling you to do it everyday.

 

Restoration on 7th