Friday, May 29, 2009

What host do you use for wordpress?

Posted by Peter at Friday, May 29, 2009
I am thinking of putting my blog on wordpress with my one domain name. I was wondering since a lot of you use wordpress, what host do you use for your blog? I know there is a free wordpress, but I want to be able to configure how the site looks. So I need a good host. I have heard about bluehost and gatorhost, but I don't know anyone that uses them.

4 comments on "What host do you use for wordpress?"

Shane on 10:29 AM said...

I've used www.mmhosting.com for close to a year now and have had absolutely no problems. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Bearfort on 10:55 AM said...

Id be happy to provide some information - I have been using word press for quite some time and it is not as daunting as it may seem -- using word press will be a revelation for you. I use hostIcan - for my server but Id be happy to answer any questions you might have

Peter on 11:11 AM said...

can you pay by month for both of these hosts? Or do you have to pay a full year upfront?

Shane on 11:17 AM said...

MM Hosting doesn't do month to month. I believe they do as often as 3 months, or up to 2 years. I went the 6 month route. It does have a setup fee when you do less than a year. It is a bit more expensive than most though. Our company has a site on bluehost and we've had quite a few issues with downtime and outdated software. If you search www.webhostingtalk.com, you should be able to find discount codes for MM Hosting. I believe I got it close to 50% off when I first started using them.

 

Restoration on 7th