Monday, August 15, 2005

So much money to spend, so little money we have

Posted by Peter at Monday, August 15, 2005
Well over the weekend we met Enoc, our next door neighbor, and his co-workers who are going to do the stripping, priming and painting of our exterior. Basically we just went over how the procedure was going to go and how much we would pay him and how. He seemed very reasonable and did a good stripping and priming job for the lady that lives next door to us.

So today while I was at work I got a call from Enoc. He had a problem with stripping, there was no outlet on the outside of my house??? Weird I never even noticed that before. So I had to drive to my house from work, which takes about 5 minutes, and I had to worm the extension cord into my window and into the outlet. But I'm happy to see that this is happening and that I will have a painted house in a few weeks. Now we need to decide on colors!!!! And how we're going to get money to pay him.

Also on Sunday I went to Bo's house, the lady that is selling her clawfoot tub, and we saw the tub. First of all her house was awesome, with a little cottage in the backyard. She had so many plants planted in her little garden, it was wonderful. But to my main point, the tub was great. It had some cleaning and rusting on the outside, but I'm sure a little cleaning and painting would do the jobs. Also the feet were so detailed, the tub was just beautiful. While we were there we also bought her sinks with vintage faucets on them, now all we need is a toilet and we are set! Actually what I need is a truck to take this big tub back home, but I will have to wait till I can get some more manpower.

0 comments on "So much money to spend, so little money we have"

 

Restoration on 7th